Greg's Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Short Notice

Hi everybody,
We made a decision yesterday to have set up a surgery for Friday morning, (tomorrow).
I am having a semi-permanent stint put in at my hip to relieve the fluid that continues to build in my stomach. Every 7 days we are pulling 4.5 liters of fluid out that has built up.
The procedures to remove it are quite a hassle, and a permanent solution looks like the way to go.
Also while we are having this done I am going to get a "port" put in.
A port is a permanent under the skin unit that they do IVs through and blood draws. It is a disk about the size of a grape that just rests under the skin in your upper chest.
It has a catheter attached that goes into a main vessel right at the heart.
This should make thing much easier for delivering chemo medicine and so on.
I start at 7:00 in the morning, and they will keep me there for at least 24 hours after the operation because of the invasive nature of the stint. Just need to watch it for a while.
Just wanted to let you know.
Love,
Greg

9 Comments:

  • luv ya bro

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 AM  

  • So glad to hear this news. I know no one likes surgery, but this will make it so much easier for what you have to go through so routinely. You will be in our prayers for your procedure tomorrow. Know that we love you and will be grateful for anything that makes your procedures easier for you to handle. xooxox Mom

    By Blogger Stella, at 9:39 AM  

  • I am so glad to hear of your decision that will make things easier for you. As always, you will be in my prayers and thoughts. Rest easy dear brother, I love you!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 AM  

  • Dear Greg: I so wish I could help and take away the pain, but all I can do is love you and pray for you. As I was reading a book of poems this morning I found one that impressed me very much and I thought I would share it with you. "If your cup seems too bitter, if your burden seems too heavy, be sure that it is the wounded hand that is holding the cup, and that it is He mwho carries the cross that carrying the burden."
    Love Geno

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 AM  

  • This sounds like good news Greg -- we pray that the surgery will not be difficult --- So many people
    are keeping you in prayer --

    We know that God will bring you
    through this tough time.
    Keep holding onto His hand.

    God bless,
    Alice

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 PM  

  • Hey Buddy! So excited to hear from you and your news. While I know you aren't thrilled with surgery,it will pay off. So nice to hear some relief is here for you. I hope this round of chemo wasn't too bad. You didn't mention it anyway. Hope to hear from you next week when you get a chance to update us. Love you sweet Greg!
    Love, Michelle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:15 PM  

  • Dear Greg,
    Auntie Phyl checking.

    Praise God for the new do-dads that will be such a help in your treatment.

    As always...you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love and prayers,

    Auntie Phyl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:01 AM  

  • Hope the procedures went well. Mom gave me this link and it's nice to catch up on how you've been. You're in my prayers.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 PM  

  • We got more people praying for you and Cindy now with my two congregations here in the mountains. I hope this procedure helps in taking away some of the discomfort and speed up the relief of pain. Loida, Eli and Eileen send their love to you both. We always admire your strength and perseverance; your faith and trust in God and He'll continue to give you strength.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home