Greg's Blog

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Post Procedure Facts

Some statistics for you about today's stomach draining procedure.
Today I will let the numbers do the talking.

Number of shots in stomach, 4.
Time at hospital, 3.5 hours.
Pre op belly circumference at a relaxed state, 38 inches.
Liters of fluid taken out of abdomen, 4+.
Number of curse words uttered by patient during surgery, 1.
Number of curse words uttered by patient outside of surgery, 27.
Time spent waiting for elevators during visit, 8 mins.
Number of 27 curse words accounted for because of waiting for elevator, 19.
First meal outside of procedure, 2 bean burritos at Taco Bell.
Post op belly circumference at a relaxed state (including said burritos), 33.5 inches.
Number of people that arrived after me at radiology but got treated before me, 6.
Outside temperature in Charleston today, also 6.
Number of frozen testicles while transporting from car to building, 2.
Length of nap after procedure, 3 hours.
Time spent in a stupor before having a chance to take said nap, 3.25 hours.
Number of times the friggin house phone rang during said nap and scared the #@!% out of me, 3.
Number of stomach cramps after procedure until now, 1000.
Number of relived patients who's belly doesn't look like an Ethiopian orphan anymore, 1.
Projected amount of days until patient is full of fluid again, 7.

Those are the facts.
Have a good week, I know mine will be better after this much needed relief.
Love,
Greg

7 Comments:

  • YOU ARE HYSTERICAL!!!! How you are still able to find amusment in all this bullshit just amazes me!
    Word of advice.....turn the friggin ringer off the phone when napping!!!
    2nd word of advice...squeaky wheel syndrome, be the loudest most annoying, obnoxious A-Hole possible and 6 other people won't get treated before you. You will turn into priority #1

    I love you sweetie & hope this procedure will help bring some much needed relief!
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOX
    T-Sue

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 PM  

  • Wow, who was the one keeping count of everything? How funny... I know you must feel better. Wow, almost 5 inches your stomach was reduced by. That's amazing. I'm glad this procedure is over for this week! Number of sisters who cannot wait to see you...4 & priceless!!!
    Love you buddy!
    Michelle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:34 PM  

  • My dear Greg,
    What welcome news that you had your procedure and it is over for this time.
    Number of prayers covering you today..... thousands.
    Number of people who have asked called or emailed about you today -25+. Number of mothers who are happy to hear your results - 1 - ME.
    Take care - don't sweat the small stuff - have a marvelous weekend with your sisters.
    Know that I love you. Mom

    By Blogger Stella, at 9:06 PM  

  • Greg Greg!!!

    You are 1 in a million for sure!!! Talk about turning a bad situation into something you can laugh about!!
    I double ditto both Tondi and Shelly's comments!
    I hope the cramps will subside soon and you will be able to rest comfortably!!
    I love you buddy, to the MAX!!
    Tammy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 PM  

  • "Number of frozen testicles while transporting from car to building, 2.
    "

    HAHA, hey at least you always have a sense of humor Greg

    -Bri

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 PM  

  • Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 PM  

  • Hey Greg -- I left a message Jan 10
    but forgot to tell you who I am --
    a friend of Stella, your mom. My name is Alice Annandale - just wanted you to know that I have an INTERNATIONAL PRAYER MINISTRY in
    18 countries --- hundreds and hundreds of people are praying for you and asking about you ---
    HANG IN THERE --- You are amazing,

    Love and many prayers,
    Alice Annandale

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home