Greg's Blog

Sunday, December 30, 2007

After Christmas updates

I am having to have an unscheduled procedure. Seems all the water has come back into my stomach again. It really was full again since Christmas day and I have just been living with it. But I cant live with it anymore. I had to page my Doctor and actually ask for this to be done again. He knows it is needed and did not even question me, because I would NEVER volunteer to have anything done to me at the hospital. He knows I try to stay off of the table at any cost. So I was begging to get it scheduled for Monday which was the next business day and they could not fit me in at the radiology department. They don't run on Tuesday because of the holiday, so I have to suffer until Wednesday.
It is scheduled for Wednesday at 9:00 am. which is not a second too soon. I really have been in terrible back pain and everything because of the pressure the water exerts on my midsection. I cannot bend down to pick anything up. I cant twist side to side at all. All I can really do it sit on the couch and try not to move. I am like those people in big cities that impersonate statues on the sidewalks for money.
Last time I had this done it really took my blood pressure down and I had to be in bed for 3 full days afterwards. I am hoping my body will have become accustomed to it now a little bit and not have such a hard time with recovery.
Anyway that is what is going on, just wanted to bring you up to date. I still have it planned to start Chemo on the 7th for another round. Sounds like a happy new year for me right? Out of the stomach sucking thing and right into a chemo round that they will try to poison me to death with. Fun, fun, fun.
Hope all of you have a great day and happy new year.
Love,
Greg

5 Comments:

  • So sorry Greg for this to happen again. My prayers are with you. If you need anything let me know. I am here for you. Love Geno

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 AM  

  • My precious Greg,
    With the plans that you have, that is cutting it really close. Radiology ALWAYS makes room for an "emergency" if you were to appear on their doorstep, but they do get filled for scheduled appts. So keep that in mind.
    My heart goes out to you.
    I love you, Mom

    By Blogger Stella, at 10:14 AM  

  • YEA GREG, Ditto what Mom said!
    Hospitals DON'T close for holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quit being so DAMN polite! Don't suffer just for others convenience!
    Show up, SCREAM for drugs and make them deal with it!
    I hope this time you will be able to get a transfussion that you so desperately need. Beg for laughing gas or anything to make this nightmare more tolerable!

    I LOVE YA BUDDY!
    So sorry you have to go through all this!
    Can't wait to see you!
    HUGS & KISSES TIL THEN!
    T-Sue

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 AM  

  • Ditto the previous Ditto's! If you arrive in the shape you are in, this would be considered an EMERGENGY which it IS!!! They would have to take care of this PRONTO!! Hey, what you wouldn't give for a wonderful "holiday" off from the horrors you are having to endure. Go for it Greg!!! Don't wait another moment!!
    I love you so much and continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Tammy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 PM  

  • Hey Buddy, I'm sorry you're in such pain! If we only had a magic wand!! Anyway, thoughts, prayers, and love is all I can send at this time. We will be together soon and I'll deliver the kisses personally. Try to get some relief and if you can't make it until your appt Wednesday, just show up as the others have suggested. They cannot turn you away!! I love you sweet buddy! Michelle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home