Greg's Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Medicine 2 Round 1 Recovery

Monday (the first day of recovery week) was again very tough, as expected. I did have some relief in short periods during the day.
Still very sensitive to sounds, (makes my head explode), very tired and weak.
Slept or just sat, sitting upright in silence most of the day.
Cindy has been here taking care of me. Bringing me pills, and drinks and moral support.
Can't really do anything but make it to the bathroom and back without really overdoing it, getting dizzy, lightheaded, and suffering sharp abdominal pain.
All that being said, I think that this medicine regimen has been easier on me so far than the last concoction they gave me.
I only have a few days of data, but I am encouraged so far.
But of course it it like comparing a punch in the nose to a punch in the eye, they both suck.
It seems to be not as constantly intense as the last stuff, but I have several 3 to 6 hour sessions each day of really bad time, then it seems to let off for an hour or two. Having that little session randomly dispersed through the day of not feeling completely destroyed is a welcome change.
This medicine is just essentially poison that I have to work out of my system, and it will take time to get any strength back. I just have to be patient and pace myself.
Still very weak Wednesday. Stood up on the back porch with Cindy for about 20 mins while she was scrubbing the deck and just standing there wiped me out. Felt terribly nauseous and exhausted, had to come in and sleep for hours after that.
So the medicine is still lasting a long time in my system as far as making me feel bad, but it really is better than the last stuff. I do not know if that means the meds are not as strong or what. I just hope to God it is really going to do some good this time.
I will try to get to the office on Friday for a visit, just to get out of the house and say hi to the folks there. I think Thursday is not possible to do it, but I would have bet on Thursday earlier in the week. It seemed to be going real good. The progress just slowed a little.

Closing editorial thought.
No argument is worth continuing with a friend or loved one. It is more effort to stay mad, than to swallow your pride and embrace them. After a while it does not matter who is right who is wrong. It is just harmful to all parties involved, and can even hurt other people who love you to see the conflict. There are no second chances when they are gone, and that can happen in the blink of an eye.
My mother once told me never go to sleep while mad at a loved one. I think that is very good advice.
Be good to each other, the world is a bad enough place.
Greg

7 Comments:

  • Dear dear Greg - mixed bag of information but anything that has a positive sign is GREAT!! I hope today will become a good day and tomorrow even better.
    Love you loads! Tammy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 AM  

  • Hi Sweet Greg,
    Am taking the good part of your update and rejoicing in every and any blessing that comes your way. This medication being different, not as severe, may very well have longer effects than the previous ones.
    This ordeal has caused you to develop your priorities and outlook on life like nothing else could have ever done.
    A hearty "AMEN" to your closing statement, wish everyone could see the trivia of meaningless conflict and how dead end it really is.
    Loving you always & giving you prayer cover. Mom

    By Blogger Stella, at 11:53 AM  

  • Hi Greg: Again my prayers are with you every day at many times. It hurts to know you are suffering so much, and I know that God is with you even though many times we do not think so because of the pain and agony we experience. He said He will be with us always. I dont know why, but I know that God has a plan and heaven is the place I want to be for I am but a stranger here on this earth traveling through. I also appreciate your comments at the end of your blog. Life is to short and we need to love each other and remember that tomorrow could be my last day on this earth. May God bless you and my love and prayers are with you always. Geno

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:53 PM  

  • Dear Greg,
    You are amazing; as sick as you feel, you still have a way of making the rest of us smile or giggle out loud. Your "words of wisdom" are so very, very true.

    Thank you Heavenly Father for Greg. I ask that you lay your had of blessing on him as you bring healing to him...for what you have done, are doing and will do; Father we thank you.

    Love and prayers, Auntie Phyl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 PM  

  • 10/16/07
    Hi Greg
    Just stopped by to tell you that you are in my heart, thoughts and prayers...today, every day.

    Our "Quarterly" Sabbath school lessons have been on the nastiness of lifes trials and stuff, and where we can find our strength and comfort. Good stuff. You might want to check it out and Sister White's notes that go along with it have been insightful and wonderfuf. I order thru ABC store 800-765-6955.

    Just a thought.

    Love and prayers,
    Auntie Phyl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 AM  

  • 10/22 - Monday evening

    Stopped by to tell you I'm thinking about you and paying for you.

    Love and prayers,

    Auntie Phyl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 PM  

  • 11/2/07
    Dear Greg,
    Just another Auntie Phyl drop-by to let you know you are still thought of daily, loved and prayed for.

    Love and prayers,

    Auntie Phyl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home