Greg's Blog

Friday, August 03, 2007

Last Day of Chemo Treatment for Round 3

Last day of treatment today. It is of course catching up with me now and I am out of commission for the next 5 to 7 days. Very tired and achy of course. Next visit to the hospital is the 7:30 Sunday morning trip for the White Cell Booster shot.
Cindy will be on nursing duty for Monday and Tuesday to serve my every desire: which is really just the desire for silence and sleep for about 4 days.
Not really anything new to report.
The swelling in my feet seems to be getting worse. They now look like two balloons. I would elevate them, but I have severe stomach pain when I try to do that have to sit right up with my feet on the floor which is worse than just laying them horizontal. So I normally don’t even try to elevate and just eek out every min of horizontal I can tolerate. One complication always leads to another. I just fight off whatever is the worst pain at the moment and then move on the next. The never ending story.
Other than that I am just trying to stay the course through one more round of treatment then we are supposed to take pictures to see if any of this is paying off or if we are just whistling Dixie.
On an unrelated note, the Simpsons movie is out and was great. You do not even have to be a fan of the show to keep up with it. It stands on its own pretty well and the whole audience laughed continually from start to finish. A bunch of people from work wanted to take me to it, so we went on Sunday morning the 29th. I even had popcorn and lemonade, Mmmm. $10 for a medium combo (med popcorn and med drink) can you believe those prices? Crazy huh?
That’s all for now.
Hope everybody has a better week than I will.
God bless us everyone (Tiny Tim, A Christmas Carol).

6 Comments:

  • Greg, I was glad to hear your update. I know this is a very hard time for you. The swelling must surely add to your discomfort.
    After this week, I am sure you will welcome some days of badly-needed rest. I pray God will give you a Sabbath rest from your discomfort. I love you dearly, Mom

    By Blogger Stella, at 10:02 PM  

  • Greg: You are so sweet to continue to think of others while you are in such pain and discomfort. Thank you for the update. You know you remain, as always, in my thoughts and prayers. Rest well sweet Greg!! I love you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 AM  

  • Greg, I hope your rest this weekend will bring you strength. If I could send you any of my health I would. My prayers will be with you continually. Remember we love you and if their is anything I can do for you please ask., Love Geno

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:59 AM  

  • I am really sorry that you also are dealing with swollen ankles. I know exactly how you feel it is incredibly uncomfortable and even more annoying when you cant get it to go away. A suggestion for you may be try drinking water or when you are able to lay down place a pillow under your feet. Any chance you get to lift those feet off the ground helps...I promise!! Also you can try ice packs although sometimes that is hard b/c you are always cold and sometimes its just water it helps out alot also! I hope you can find something to relieve you of at least a little bit of pain!! Get some rest and I love you!! Dana

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM  

  • Hey Buddy. I can't believe Dana gave you advise to drink water. How cute is that! It's a struggle for her too to drink water. Wonder why all of us hate it so much!?! Anyway, hang in there. Maybe this is a sign that you need more rest. Whatever the reason, I'm sorry you're going through it!! Be strong, you'll be dancing the jig in no time! Love you buddy! Michelle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 PM  

  • Hi Greg,
    Tuesday, August 14, and we are back from Michigan and daughter Kara's wedding.

    All went well, considering the temperatures were in the 90s and the wedding was in their back yard...HOT!

    Checking in to see how you are doing and tell you, as usual; you are thought of, prayed for and loved.

    Love and prayers,

    Auntie Phyl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home