Greg's Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Wind In My Hair,Or, My Hair In The Wind

Well I do not know why it took 28 days to happen, but the hair is coming out rapidly now. If I rub my hand across my head I come away with about 30 hairs right from the roots. This started Tuesday evening. I was holding the mail in my hands and stopped to talk to Cindy for a second. I was absent mindedly rubbing my head, for a few seconds. When I looked back down at the white envelopes, they were covered in about 1/4 length hairs. Wow, what a surprise. I had no real noticeable problem with this until then. Now it is accelerating. I can pinch about 15 hairs out at a time, and there is no resistance, it just comes right out.
I should be completely bald by Monday. It is a very strange sensation. Each day in the mirror I can see it getting thinner and thinner.
I think I might just go ahead and shave it after work Friday. Lets see if I can squeeze out one more day of having at least some hair. If I just let it go, I think it will look worse. It is starting to get patchy now.
Monday starts the second round of Chemo, so I am living in my best days right now for awhile. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

7 Comments:

  • Egg Head - Guess this name will soon be the literal "egg head". Thought maybe you had escaped this side effect. So sorry!! Know what, nothing will keep you from being my handsome brother!!!
    Love you loads!!!! Tammy

    By Blogger Tammy, at 2:16 PM  

  • I always did love Yule Brenner.
    And you are way way better looking than he is. If he can look that good with no hair, you can look better.

    Love your more, Mom

    By Blogger Stella, at 2:51 PM  

  • Dear Greg:
    So sorry about your hair and I support you all the way but I will keep mine the way it is. Of course everyone tells me bald is beautiful, and when I say everyone that is just the all the bald ones. Love you and will see you soon.

    Geno

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:18 PM  

  • I hear Ronco makes some spray-on hair - not to sure about the durability in like - a sauna - which is what Charleston has to be by now. It's a bummer, no doubt, but you have endured worse, and it will come back. I would say get a hoop earring and just go with the look - pass on the tattoos though....love you! Wendi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 PM  

  • ...I dunno why but I have this vision of you picking up a pile of sand and running it through your hair and saying "look it stays clean". Ha Ha...do you remember doing that??

    At least that look is "in"! I'm thinking a red white and blue bandana and I like the ear ring idea from Wendy. I would shy away from the spray on hair stuff...it would probably look like a popcorn ceiling on your dome.

    Take care buddy love you very much.

    Dave

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:04 PM  

  • As much as I love the ideas that everyone has thrown at you (sarcasm) I prefer to not have an uncle who looks like the scary guy down the street w/ the earrings and confederate flag bandana. I say you embrace the baldness and definetely do what my dad said cause thats halarious!!! Glad to hear your handling the no hair thing ok!!! And just in case u were wonderin Captain Picard doesnt have anything on you!!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:27 PM  

  • all the cool guys are bald,
    Steve Austin
    Randy Savage
    Hogan
    Hawk from some tv show
    Vin Diesel
    Vic Mackey
    Bruce Willis
    Goldberg
    Greg Hill (My Friend and Brother)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home