Greg's Blog

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My New Wheels

Tammy and Randy, my sister and brother in-law came through with a great wheel chair for me. It belonged to Randy’s mother Ruth who passed a couple years ago and was someone I greatly admired. I spent several summer days at her lake house sipping iced tea and playing in the surf. She was always patient and kind to a little brat like me. And I am honored to be able to ride in her chair.
Anyway it is great and comfortable; I have not had to actually use it yet in action. But it is in the trunk of the car and ready for deployment when needed. Which I hope is never, but I fear is soon. Cindy has threatened to make me use it tomorrow for chemo treatment as I got winded and worn out walking to the building today (Wednesday).
I have test driven it in the house and took a chunk out of the drywall in the first 60 seconds, so got a little work to do there.
Bumper sticker submissions have been coming in, but I am still looking for more.
I will post the leaders for your viewing enjoyment soon.

















Notice to all of you who submit postings to the blog. I do get your messages and can not thank you enough for your notes of encouragement and hope. Sometimes I get postings from people I have not heard from in years and it is such a joy to know they are concerned with my situation, I love you all!!!
I wish there was a way to see how many people actually see the postings, if there is I have not found it yet. I will get up the energy to look one day at the settings. I might really not want to know as it may affect the content I put up here. So far I have been pretty honest and no holds barred, but if I see big distribution it becomes embarrassing to talk about some of the things I include you, my faithful readers, in on. But hey like I have said for a while now, when your mother in-law has seen your twig and giggle berries in a hospital bed up those stupid skirts all shame is gone! I base the rest of my humility on that event: Is this worse than Ellen seeing my meat and two veg? No, then go for it.

One downfall of the posting it that if you do not register on the blog and just leave a quick message as anonymous I do not have anyway of writing you back or contacting you to say thanks or catch up. That is fine to leave the message an anonymous, but if you would like to add your email address in the body of your message I could be able to write you back. I completely understand if you do not want to give it out publicly since the messages left can be viewed by all. And I cannot promise that I will write back either. Depending on how all the impacts of life are treating me on a particular day. I have really been neglecting work lately, and have to find a way to get more involved with that.

Well that’s all for now. I will give a longer Chemo update another day.
Love from the glow in the dark Chemo Kid, Greg.

6 Comments:

  • Dear Greg, You're right, you have no idea how many have been following your blog silently, feeling your pain, disappointment, & laughing at your sense of humor, even when you're handed another hurdle. I'm Ellen's sister, Carol, out in AZ, & have been following your blog for quite awhile now. So believe me when I say, more people than you'll ever realize are pulling for you, & you are always in our prayers. We love your new wheels...if you're like my husband, Bob, you'll be having wheelchair races down the hall!
    Hang in there! Carol & Bob
    bobcar2006@earthlink.net

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 PM  

  • Hi Sweet Greg, was so glad to read you update today. Just remember that even Mario Andretti had a few bump ups ---- just so you don't hit any weight-bearing areas in the house - you will be ok. :)
    BUMPER STICKER SUGGESTION:
    "GLOW'IN, BLOOM'IN ONION POWER RIDES AGAIN".
    Love you, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:30 PM  

  • Hey Greg: I like the wheels. Watch out Chem Greg coming. I would be surprised if you did not have at least 2000 people praying for you. I fact it has been sent all over just the carolina conference so I know it is way more. We love you greg and you are in our prayers constantly. See you soon.

    Love Gene

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 PM  

  • i'm thinking about you brother.....
    "say your prayers and eat your vitamins"
    i'm pulling for ya

    g

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 PM  

  • Glad to see that Tammy & Randy were able to get you a wheelchair now all you need to do is put some 22s on there and you will be pimpin!! HAHA.
    I also have a blogger and wanted to let ya know that unfortunately there isnt a way to see how many people are looking at it but if you want you can set it to private and that way only people you want to see it can. Totally up to you! I do thoroughly enjoy reading your posts however I dont think I was prepared to be reading about your kibbles and bits. Haha I love you Uncle but even I draw the line at that..Im kidding! Hope today is going well and look forward to hearing from you again.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:46 PM  

  • Hey Greg,
    Just wanted to take a minute and wish you well. I don't know if you remember me or not...I Gregory's good bud and great friends with Randy and Tammy too. Hope this finds you well. Take care of yourself.
    Your friend,
    Michael Morris

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home