Greg's Blog

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Jan 24 office visit

Office visit yesterday.
As expected we did not find out much on the office visit yesterday. They asked me about my pain situation to which I was able to respond positively that it had improved over the last 2 weeks.
They asked me how I had been sleeping, and that was another story. I have not been sleeping really at all between 10 pm and 5 am. Also my apatite is at a all time low. They suggested that I get back on the Remeron medicine which is an anti-depression medicine that helps with sleep. It also helps with apatite, which I did not know until yesterday.
So I will be going back on that.
They told me that the experimental drug trial would be starting in about 3 weeks, but that was not definite. Since we have been letting the tumors run their course for some time everyone was concerned about waiting that long, because we could get to that 3 week point and then it could be delayed another few weeks and so on.
So they want to do a CT scan in the next 15 days and see how things are developing. If the tumors are showing increased growth since December 4th (last scan) they may not wait to do the trial and put me right away on standard infusion chemo treatment.
That of course means all the standard famous chemo side effects that go along with it. Like vomiting, fatigue, and hair loss. Of course I want to steer clear of these treatments if possible. But the Dr. says that it does not have to get any worse for us to consider these, that it is bad enough as is. If the trial does not get worked out soon, I will have to go on these treatments.
That is all for the new news from the meeting.
Talk to you later,
Greg

7 Comments:

  • Hi Greg:

    Glad to hear the treatment is coming to MUSC, they need to put it in gear. Anything that will help you sleep and regain your appetite sounds good to me! Hope you don't have to go on the infusion chemo.

    Sounds like your current doctor didn't bother to take a "Bedside manner" course....why in the world would he not tell you he was retiring...I hope you don't buy him a gold watch - maybe a 2006 calendar would be more appropriate!

    You're in our thoughts and prayers! Keep you spirits up and don't let the mf get you down!

    Love, Wendi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 PM  

  • Hi Greg,
    Sorry that you are still out on a limb with no firm date for the trial program.

    But happy that you may find some relief by restarting your meds. I certainly hope that your wonderful hot tub can offer some more relief for you as well.

    You keep fighting fella, you are a marvel.

    You are on my heart and in my prayers daily.

    Love and prayers,

    Auntie Phyl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 PM  

  • Hi fella;

    Good news comes in small packages,just a little dab will do.Get your appetite back,along with the strength.Hair will grow back,keep some form of exercise to maintain whatever muscle mass is remaining.The tub certainly is a step in the right direction.Hope the construction is moving along smoothly.I'm sure the puppies are anxious to see the finished product.The offer still stanfs,whatever we can do to help.Love you loads.Alyce and Dad
    PS Hi and hugs to Cindy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:24 PM  

  • Dear Greg,
    Just the old lady again to remind you that you are thought of and prayed for.

    Love and prayers,

    Auntie Phyl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 AM  

  • Dear Greg,

    Love and prayers sent from the old lady to you.

    Auntie Phyl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 PM  

  • Hi Greg:
    4:26 am,can't sleep,wondering what happened on Wednesday.Did they do scan?Care to share results?
    Love you;
    Dad
    2/10/07

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:30 AM  

  • Dear Greg,

    It is a beautiful North Carolina Day. The sky is blue and the daffodils are poking their leaves out of the ground. I think they are trying to coax Spring in.

    You were on my mind, so I am here to say...

    Love and prayers sent from the old lady.

    Love, Auntie Phyl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home