Greg's Blog

Friday, May 05, 2006

One week into Oral Medicine.

Have not updated in a while so I am doing several in a batch, if you have not read previous postings please stop now and look at those first. Thanks.

Well the oral medicine started out pretty good, no real effects but some dizziness and mild stomach pain after taking the pills.

I think that they finally have gotten into my system good now, as the last three nights have been pretty bad after taking the medicine. About half hour after taking the pills, which I take a half hour after dinner, I have gotten terribly sick. Shaky, sweats, stomach pain, nausea, I have not actually thrown up yet, but man I wish I had. (I think the costs of the pills are the only thing keeping them down.) For about 1 to 2 hours I have these symptoms, and I am very weak. Flopping on the bathroom floor, you know, the whole enchilada. Cindy is always quick on the draw with a wet rag and our version of a homemade barf bag. Bless her.

The bag is quite the invention:
We put a plastic kitchen trash bag inside a paper grocery bag (for stability) and then just fold up the paper bag for easy storage under the couch or bed. We have them stashed everywhere in our house. It is quite amazing. Just whip it out and open the paper bag and there you go, a big enough bag for Thanksgiving dinner. You should give it a shot. It is just one of those fringe benefits you get with this sickness; you learn things you never thought you would learn. Necessity is the mother of invention. Here is a picture if you want to try one yourself:


Strangest thing though, after 2 hours the symptoms completely disappear. I go from a catatonic state to feeling actually quite good. Its truly bizarre.

Anyway I am still only on pill #1, which is not supposed to have many effects. It is when I start pill #2 (which will be Sunday May 7th) that I am supposed to really feel bad. The Dr. prepared me for it as best they can. They said if you think you get sick from the first pill, you aint seen nothing yet, wait till you start the second pill.

So I am on a doomsday clock counting down to Sunday night. I plan having to call in sick some next week. I will let you know of the fallout if and when it comes. There is always something to look forward to, just another of those fringe benefits. At least I don’t get bored with the same old thing all the time!

1 Comments:

  • Oh Sweet Greg,
    Can't believe you have to go through ALL this crap!
    Stay TUFF Buddy! So glad you have Cindy to sponge your head and make you barf bags! Kiss her for me!
    Luv ya both - XOXOXOXOXOXO

    T-Sue

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home